- Adjust the oven racks to the upper and lower middle positions and heat the oven to 325-degrees. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugars together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until combined, 1-2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla until combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl and beaters as necessary.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture, mixing until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Working with 1/4 cup of dough at a time, roll the dough into balls and lay on two parchment-lined baking sheets, spaced about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake until the edges are golden but the centers are still soft and puffy, 17-20 minutes, rotating and switching the baking sheets halfway through baking.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
*The dough can be made through Step 3 and either covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 3 days or portioned out and frozen. When ready to bake, reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees and increase the baking time to 25-30 minutes.